Yes,yeast infection in men is possible men can also get affected,Candida albicans is the most prevalent cause of fungal infections in.Its species name, albicans, comes from the Latin word for “white.” its a type of yeast, is a normal colonist of healthiest bodies. It loves warm, dark and moist places,such as the mouth and genitals. Particularly the gastrointestinal tract and the vagina where as many as twenty percentage of women of reproductive age harbor Candida. The yeast appears white when cultured on a plate. And in the case of certain infections, like thrush, it can create white patches.
Candida basically does not do any problems because it is kept under control by the immune system and by other antibodies and bacteria in the body. But, in some condition such as skin irritation, taking too much antibiotics or not following diabetes rules properly can allow the fungus to going throw wrong path.
So many peoples already have a tiny amount of candida in their bodies and aslo on their skin. Basically its normal.Lets talk about what to do when any mens affected by yeast infection and how does it occurs.
If mens have yeast infections then he must got affect by it in the penis and its called candidal balanitis or balanitis thrush. These yeasts affect the top place of the penis he maybe seeing some white patches in top.
What Causes Yeast Infection In Men (Risk Factors)
- Poor hygiene can do it when the area under the foreskin is not washed properly.
- Most blamed for this is imbalance use of antibiotics.
- Sometimes sexual intercourse can be the reason.from sexual contact with their affected female partner, as women are more susceptible to yeast infections. While the infection can be transmitted through sex.(Clearly This Is Not A Sexual Disease)
- Soaps that contains certain chemicals that touched top of the penis.
- Wearing very tight and fitting and sometimes wet underwears can be the reason.
- Having diabetes, as men with diabetes have a higher amount of sugar on urine this may promote yeasts.
- Condoms that contains unhealthy lubricants
Symptoms Of Yeast Infection In Men
Generally men doesn’t experience a lot of symptoms. However, once symptoms started appearing, they can cause extreme discomfort and pain. And the Early symptoms of a yeast infection is
- often include a red rash and sometimes white, shiny patches on the penis.
- The affected skin on the penis may be moist.
- Thick white substance may be found under the foreskin or other folds of skin.
- You may also experience too much itching and a burning feeling on the affected area.
Red and too much itchiness with too much pain in the penis can be signs of other more serious conditions.
Types Of Yeast Infection In Men
It can develop many types of Infections whatever viral or bacterial,fungal,it will cause balanitis to grow more.
A common fungal infection that can cause balanitis is candida which also causes thrush.
How To Treat Thrush
Thrush is not unique to men there is no info about the risk of thrush from oral sex with a woman or man with candidal infection. Lets so how can you treat it
- Use any oral pill or mouthwash
- Take antifungal lozenges
If those doesn’t work. In that case,your thrush may be a symptom of candidal esophagitis,and you should visit to doctor.
Most common serious complication of balanitis is phimosis (retract the foreskin from the glans penis) or paraphimosis (return the foreskin to cover the glans penis). Other rare complications that may develop with balanitis are-
- Bacterial infection of the deeper layers of the skin
- In some conditions the penis can be buried beneath folds of skin.
- Start dropping blood from the glans penis
- Increase risk of penile cancer(very rare to see)
How do you treat a male yeast infection?
Untreated infection also goes away automatically, but sometimes it can grow too much and spread to the scrotum and inner thighs and buttocks.
Treatment is simple:
- Use some antifungal creams used twice a day for between one to three weeks it will clear the infection.
- An oral antifungal drug is also help you to reduce.
- There is lots of various herbal remedies that used for women with yeast infections.it might be work for mens also.
- If the infection is transmitted from each other then both partners should avoid sexual contact with each other.
- Wear a condom to reduce your chances of developing a yeast infection.
- Practice sexual education to avoid your risk of yeast infection.
- A good hygiene, and keep your penis and genitals clean will reduce 60% of getting yeast infection.
Home Remedies To Reduce Yeast Infection
- Tea Tree Oil
It provides antibacterial, antiprotozoal, antifungal, and antiviral benefits that helps to reduce yeast infection
Adding yogurt to your diet will promote positive bacteria growth, which will kill infections. You can also apply plain yogurt directly to the affected area.
is known to have antifungal and antibacterial uses. A cream made of thyme and garlic helps to reduce this problem. Adding garlic to your diet has also many health benefits.
- Apple cider vinegar
It operates as an antifungal against the Candida It can be applied to the area. The smell may bother you mix with a little water before applying.
- Coconut oil
Its promoted by natural healer having many health-related uses coconut oil is highly effective against Candida albicans.
Note: If you had serious issue like bleeding from the affected area then you better consult your doctor otherwise try these treatment.
If you are looking for making yourself throw up check this article