How to Stop Vomiting And Nausea
How to stop vomiting is a common question actually food poisoning,over drinking,infection or travel sickness all can cause vomiting. Learn more about the causes and treatment of vomiting.
What can cause vomiting
The most common causes- Vomiting occurs when the contents of the stomach quickly return to the mouth. Which happens by sudden contraction of the stomach muscles.
It is quite common for young children to have some food / milk in their mouth. During or just after the meal and something comes out. However, it is not vomiting in the true sense of the word. However, if a small child takes off very often and larger volumes during the day. It may have trouble doing well – gaining weight.
Many small infants suffer from physiological reflux. But some may also have so-called infant reflux. Reflux disease when gastric acid is already irritating to the esophagus. This situation requires a medical solution.
This accident may surprise you even after eating your favorite ice cream, fast food delicacy or other food.
It appears suddenly, but with greater persistence.
And to make matters worse, vomiting is often combined with diarrhea.
This makes you feel worse than a squeezed lemon and you have been in trouble for over a week.
What Is Nausea And Vomiting
even though it is traumatic and unpleasant, it is a natural, perhaps life-saving reaction when you eat something unhealthy or dangerous.
However, it sometimes appears even when there is nothing in your health.
Nausea (nausea) is associated with weakness and is an overall very unpleasant feeling of severe drunkenness.
Sometimes it is said that it comes in a kind of waves; tends to be accompanied by increased salivation, sweating and sometimes shivering and nausea.
Very often it also culminates in vomiting, in which the stomach muscles first relax and then inverted peristalsis to empty the digestive tract into the esophagus instead of the stomach.
Vomiting is a defense mechanism by which the body gets rid of toxic substances (such as alcohol), and people feel much better after it
Nausea and its symptoms
To stop nausea first you have to properly know about it.
sweating and shakinge
excessive saliva formationd
Shortness of breath
loss of appetite
Defective foods (sometimes containing harmful bacteria)
diseases such as influenza and some medications that may otherwise be beneficial – antibiotics, chemotherapeutics
and too much alcohol can all cause nausea resulting in vomiting.
Other causes include overeating or too heavy food,
- strong odors,
- fear, stress and seasickness.
In other cases, there will be a false irritation of the stomach nerves, which will send a signal to the brain,
even if there is no real threat to health;
for example, high levels of hormones released during pregnancy are generally beneficial, but are generally thought to be the cause of morning sickness.
Elevated hormone levels are also the cause of nausea in premenstrual syndrome.
How To Stop Nausea
If you feel nausea and vomiting, there is almost nothing you can do to counteract this problem.
If it is caused by ingested food, it is better not to fight this powerful reflex, because harmful substances need to be removed from the body.
However, if nausea persists or is the result of pregnancy, motion sickness, stress, medication, or strong odor, natural supplements can bring relief.
The first choice in this case is ginger, whether in capsules or in the form of tea.
Its positive effects are caused by volatile oils, which promote digestion, soothe mucosal irritation and tones the muscles of the digestive tract.
Ginger also stimulates the formation of bile in the liver, helping to digest fats.
This is very useful in case of overeating.
- To manage seasickness, take the first dose of ginger three to four hours before traveling it will help to stop vomiting.
- In the morning of nausea during pregnancy, you can take ginger safely permanently to stop vomiting but do not take too much – consult your doctor for advice.
If you are trying to stop nausea after chemotherapy, consult your doctor as well
Do not take ginger to stop nausea if you have too low a platelet count; high doses could impair blood clotting.
- Peppermint oil or mint tea helps release spasms in the gastrointestinal tract, so they may be beneficial if you feel cramps in the intestines. Mint oil used internally is highly effective to stop vomiting.
- However, tea should be chosen when it comes to nausea associated with pregnancy.
If neither ginger nor peppermint works to stop vomiting and your nausea is unrelated to pregnancy, try chamomile tea to counteract the digestion of juices and soothe the stomach, intestines and liver.
Dosing: 200 mg yield every four hours as needed
recommendations: increase the dose if necessary, as a first aid you can take ginger in any form
Dosing: one enteral capsule three times a day
recommendations: each capsule should contain 0.2 ml of peppermint oil
Dosing: cup of tea three times a day
Recommendation: Pour 200 ml of boiling water over 2 teaspoons
What to do after vomiting or nausea
- Just lie down with a cold compress on the forehead. Concentrate on breathing fresh air and try not to think of how you feel.
- Avoid strong and unpleasant odors that may cause nausea and vomiting For example, heavy tobacco smoke, chemical odor, detergents, or strong perfumes.
- After returning for at least two hours, do not eat anything, but drink in small sips as much as you can to replace lost fluids – preferably cold mineral water that also replaces salt loss. Clear water, weak Chinese tea and non-caffeine drinks are also suitable. It is sometimes
- recommended to suck ice cubes when returning.
A review of studies evaluating natural remedies in morning sickness concludes that ginger and vitamin B6 are effective, but warns that their effects on the fetus are very little known.
Vitamin B6 is safe and has a beneficial effect at doses of 25 to 50 mg.
- Also, taking ginger safe, if you do not overdose, a pregnant woman should always consult a doctor before taking this supplement.
- Herbal teas that soothe irritated stomach have a double beneficial effect: in addition to their own action, they supplement the fluid lost in vomiting.
- Try ginger, chamomile or mint tea; Drink three to four cups a day.
- Or pour 1/8 teaspoon of grated nutmeg and teaspoon of ground cinnamon with very hot water and leave to infuse for 10 minutes; then strain, sweeten with honey and drink.
Best Way To Stop Vomiting
Acupressure can keep nausea within limits.
Actually Acupressure is an traditional way of treatment. We don’t recommend you to perform these to your body however you want to try then you can do it at own risk. We know that humans have some especial points that can perform many kind of action to our body. Pressing on these points may help relax muscles and improve blood circulation.
There are some pressure points, also called acupoints, which work against nausea. You can try some of these by yourself. And some other pressure points are harder to find for noobs. Only a trained acupressure therapist can locate those points.
PC6 or P6
P6 is a pressure point inside of our wrist it can help people to prevent nausea. To perform this-
First hold your hand up, to find the right spot, place the first three fingers of your other hand across your wrist at the base of your palm then place your thumb just below your three fingers gently press your thumb you will feel two large tendons the P6 pressure point is located there, at the center of your lower wrist. Apply gentle pressure to this spot and repeat on your other hand
LIV3 or LV3
This pressure point is located on our foot and actually its linked to our liver so,you can understand how powerful are those pressure points.
To perform this LIV3 treatment-
Place your foot flat on the floor, then place your finger in the gap between your big toe and the toe next to it. Slide your finger down about two finger widths onto your foot. The pressure point is just in this spot. Apply some pressure to this area. Repeat on your other foot.
Note: If you have any kind of injury on one of these points don’t try these steps
There are so many acupressure points work against nausea i have just shown you some basics.